Track My Mayor is a promise tracker aimed at increasing accountability at local government level. The project consists of:
- A website that contains a database of promises made by mayors, which newsrooms, NGOs and citizens can use to do promise tracking of their own.
- Storytelling/reporting, which focuses on the effects of the implementation of promises or the lack thereof on citizens.
- An engagement project that uses Whatsapp to involve community leaders and/or activists in our promise-tracking efforts.
- Track My Mayor (EN)
- Trollip fails on key promise (EN)
- Anger over ‘rubbish plastic toilets’ (EN)
- Container cubicles adding dignity to lives (EN)
- The endless battle for drinking water (EN)
- Living Like This A ‘Disaster’ (EN)
- Mzwandile Masina’s Housing Promises: Did He Deliver? (EN)
- Displaced, evicted, and now suffering in tents (EN)
- Housing promises: Did Mashaba crack it? (EN)
- No meter, but big water bill to pay (EN)
- Collaborating with newsrooms: lessons from the outside (EN)
- “I feel like trash,” says Patrick Nyalungu about living in Good Hope informal settlement.
- Wendy Buthelezi would rather return to a building that was damaged by fire than to live like this.
- How to use trackmymayor.co.za