The aims of the anti-rape campaign are to:
- Focus the mainstream media on challenging the normalisation of rape
- Allow survivors the cathartic space to share their stories via our tool
- Make them aware of their rights and counseling services via said tool
- Advocate for a package of care for rape survivors, including medicine and counselling, at all appropriate health facilities.
As part of the campaign, we are developing a web-based platform for rape survivors to record their experiences anonymously to highlight the prevalence of rape and the inaccessibility of services. Through this platform we will offer information to survivors including accessing health services to which they have a right. We will produce multimedia content through the collection and analysis of sexual violence testimonies, to be displayed in creative ways that allow for a reassessment of the pervasiveness of sexual violence in the country.
- Health-e launches IZWI LAMI anti-rape campaign (EN)
- Justice for generations (EN)
- A rape survivor never forgets (EN)